Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting Started.


This is my first posting about our adoption from Ethiopia, and it's hard to describe how excited I am to get everything going. A lot of thanks to Rachael Oren for walking me through so much already!! Tim and I have been married for 4 years and have one beautiful son, Cale. He will be 2 in April. Financing our adoption is going to be entirely dependent on the Lord, but we KNOW this is what he wants us to do right now but we would appreciate prayers as we work toward each payment. I wish I could just fast-forward the next few months until we meet our new baby. For those of you who don't know, we have requested an infant of either gender, so it'll be a surprise for us! I'm hoping this blog will keep everyone updated on our adventure and feel like they can really relate to and be a part of our adoption!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

yeah!!! SO CUTE! i love it! it's coming out great! good job! i love the Ethiopian kids on the header. adorable. and where'd you find the red african continent? can't wait to keep up on your blog! :) let me know if you find out about the voting thing. another thing you can do, is make a post about the voting function and maybe someone will read it and know! :)

Katie & Tim said...

good idea. i'm having a lot of fun with this!

timnester said...

don't worry about the finances. Cale just pooped out a millions dollars. problem solved!

Tracy said...

I am so excited for you two. Just found your link to my blog. Its funny to know people we don't even know read and are liking our post. Sometimes I wonder are people reading this??? Great to connect!! Good luck and let me know if you have questions. I know I had lots.
tracycornett@bellsouth.net

DJ's Mama said...

Kate, I have never met you.. but I used to go to school with Tim (actually closer to Jon's age). I will be praying for you guys during this journey. I think it is wonderful and amazing that you are doing this for a young child and for your family.