Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dossier!

This past Friday Tim, Cale and I went to Grand Rapids to kidnap my mom. Okay, well, we also went to see my nieces (and sister and brother-in-law), but then we came back to Chicago with my mom. She has been visiting them for her Christmas vacation so we thought we'd have her come and check out the new house while she was "in the area." In the area meaning not the insane distance that she normally is from us! (Pennsylvania) Anyway, we came back really late Saturday night, so we didn't check our mail until today and guess what was there? Our Dossier! Wow!! I was totally pumped. I opened it up and showed it to Cale saying "this is gonna be your new brother or sister!" While that may be confusing for a child, my 21-month-old gave me the appropriate enthusiastic smile I was looking for! :) It's very exciting because I wasn't expecting it so soon! I've already read almost everything in it. For someone who is task-oriented, it's actually kinda fun to have the list of things to do and to WANT to put it together as fast as you can. So I'm hoping that by the end of January we will not only have the Dossier completed, but sent to Ethiopia with the Nesters officially on the waiting list! WAHOO!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

yippeee!! how exciting! you could totally have that all sent in by the end of january, if not sooner! i'm like you, i love checking off a list of things and putting it together. isn't the list much easier than you thought it would be? i was surprised at how "simple" it was compared to other people's i've heard. can't wait to hear that you have it completed. how's the homestudy? is that done yet?