Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Timmy

Since this blog will be a journal for our future baby, I wanted him/her to know a little bit about their Daddy. So, in honor of Valentine's Day month (since I missed posting this on the actual day) I present to you:

How well do I know my Husband?
(and yes, I stole this from another person's blog!)

1. Your spouse is sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
24, Heros, The Office, American Idol, LOST, Chuck

2. Who takes longer showers, you or him?
Me, especially when I have to wash my hair and shave my legs (that time adds up!)

3. What is one food your spouse doesn't like?
Fruit desserts. (he has stated that the reason is this "I do not like warm fruit out of it's original form")

4. What would your husband say is the first thing that caught his eye about you?
Probably my face. When we first got together we looked WAY different...but I think it's true what they say, that couples tend to look more like each other as they get older. Weird!

This picture was taken after we'd been together for about 3 1/2 years, so it's not one of the originals, but even still, it was the oldest one I had uploaded on the computer.

5. Where did he go to high school?
Cedarville High School, Cedarville, Ohio

6. What is his shoe size?
10 1/2-11

7. If he was to collect something, what would it be?
Oh, good glory...definitely movies! We have so many, it's just crazy! We have 2 entertainment units full of them.

8. What is his favorite type of sandwich?
Any type with bacon. He's a big meat eater, so add in some meat and cheese and it's a go!

9. How does he take his coffee?
Well, he doesn't really drink it, unless his dad's around. His dad makes it half regular and half flavored. (and the flavors vary)

10. What is his favorite cereal?
Kix, Cinnamon Chex, Trix, Cocoa Puffs, Honey Bunches of O's, Honeycomb, Lucky Charms, Fruity Pebbles...really, the list could go on and on.

11. Where did he go to college?
Cedarville University, in Cedarville, Ohio

12. What is his favorite sports team?
Penn State!! He has a SHOCKING knowledge of the team and all that goes on with the players, coaches, games, bowls, etc. We could also decorate an entire room with his paraphernalia. My Mom buys him most of it. Each Christmas and birthday he looks forward to more fan fare item from her.
13. Where was your first date?
You know what? This question was on Facebook awhile back and I couldn't remember then, and I can't remember now. Don't think too poorly of me though, I asked Tim and he couldn't remember either! :)

14. What is something I do that he wishes I wouldn't?
Ooh, there are a few things: two of which make me sound grosse, so I won't add them, but there are others...I like to use a clean dishrag every day, so I take the day before's...ring it out, and then put it on the corner of the floor in our kitchen. It stays in the same spot, but Tim always tends to step on it, and he hates getting his socks wet.
What else? I take my biteguard out in the morning and put in it my water cup in our bathroom to soak. 9 times out of 10 Tim almost drinks out of it. And the other time, he does. HAHA!

15. What is his heritage?
French, American, Irish. I'm not exactly sure...but I know he's a mut, like I am. :)

16. You bake him a cake for his birthday, what kind is it?
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate frosting...OR to save time (even though I do like to bake) I buy it from a bakery; because, let's face, they do it better!

17. What could he spend hours doing?
Playing video games...and he does!! He keeps in touch with some old college buddies through XBox Live. We also own the Wii and he has downloaded a bunch of old games to play. He'll admit to you he's a nerd.

18. What is one unique talent he has?
It may not be unique, but he plays the guitar and sings REALLY well! He is the worship Pastor at our church and some weeks it just hits me, that he's got real talent...I'm so proud of him!

19. Where is his favorite place he has traveled?
Austrailia, as a teenager...but then again, he does have very fond memories of when he lived in Hungary with family as a child. I guess it's a tie.

20. What is a clothing item he would never wear?
Probably a pink shirt.

1 comment: