Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Police Clearance

Well, one of the last pieces of the dossier puzzle have been put into place! We got our Police Clearance from the Aurora Police Dept this morning. A depressing place to say the least, but the people working there were really nice. Tim and I kept trying to keep Cale from touching things there, but you know boys...EVERYTHING is a toy...including trash.
All we have left to do before now, before we can send our dossier to Ethiopia is file for the I600A. While that sounds easy enough, it costs a whopping $830 to do that...and it cannot be put on a credit card. Cashier's or travelers checks only! Yuck. I have been praying so hard about this recently, and it's all I can do not to lose my mind. Patience Lord, please!
And as an added bonus, we recently found out that Tim's car has a broken right suspension, and some other fun mechanic-y problems costing, well, over $650...making my dream of filing for this thing move further out of site! :( Uggh.
If anyone is reading this and would like to pray for me specifically, for patience, I would be truly honored!
I really hate for everything to be centered around money. It makes me uncomfortable. You know, for awhile, after Tim and I got married, I did "try" to take care of the bills...as far as sending out payments and what-not. I was successful, but it stressed me out so much, that Tim took over the responsibility of it (and yes, added it to his list of other office things to do! thank the Lord!). I am not cut out to focus on money, it bums me out. So...when all of this is said and done, I will feel much lighter (and hey, maybe I'll even lose a couple unwanted "stress" pounds!!) :)
But it's good that we're moving along. More slowly than I would like, but like the old saying goes:

"Patience is a virtue, possess it if you can,
Seldom found in women, never found in men!"
Haha. Not always accurate, but still funny!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Keep the faith. Also, did you get me e-mail about the slideshow?

Leah Reeves said...

It sounds like you are moving along. The thing I like about the paper chase part of adoption, is that you are doing something. Once the dossier is done and turned in you just have to wait. I am not good at the waiting part:)