Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Friday, May 15, 2009

another adoptive family

Tonight I was "working" (I do childcare at local churches) as usual, and about 1/2 way through our night, we had a mother come in with her little boy. She decided to stay with him, and I realized why. He had a vision problem. He was an adorable little Oriental boy, 3 years old. The mom was Caucasian, and I hated to 'assume' but I had a feeling he was adopted. I really wanted to talk to her, but I didn't want it to be awkward for her. ANYWAY, the Lord gave me a perfect opportunity, when she asked how many children I had. Cale was there, so I pointed him out, and then I told her we were adopting from Ethiopia. And the conversation took off! :)
It really was so nice to hear her story (her little boy was on the waiting list and they just fell in love with him), and get advice from her. They just brought their son home this past October, so everything is really fresh for her.
All this to say, that I think it's wonderful to meet and get to know other families who have adopted! This church (not my home church) has many many families who look like they adopted (again, I'm not positive), and I'd love to just strike up a conversation with them out of the blue, but I dont want to offend anyone.
Is there a magic way I can do this that anyone knows of? I'd love to know!
Either way though, tonight was very encouraging to me. Thank you Lord.

No comments: