Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Friday, May 1, 2009

curls


Try this on for size:
My hair has changed texture.
This is a bizarre thing. A bizarre, but very cool thing.
My entire life I have had straight hair. Straight with a "dab" of wave in random spots...((very much like Katie Holmes' hair when it was longer and she was younger)). I have been able to curl it with a curling iron, or TRY to scrunch it to get the effect of 'curly,' but it wasn't natural.
At any rate, I've noticed that in the past month or so, my hair has decided to slowly, but surly curl. Yes, on it's own. Without prompting! It is so strange to me. Every time I wash it, I expect it to revert back, but it hasn't. It's pretty cool!
I have 10 girl cousins on my father's side, and 80% of them have curls. My sister and I, did not get them (our Mom has POKER straight hair). I have always liked curly hair. I've even had 2 or 3 perms in my life (2 of which were horrifically curly, and one didn't take), hoping to be able to mimic what my cousins naturally have. But now, without any explanation, I have curls.
I actually just recently went off an impulse, and got about 6 inches cut off my hair.
I figured the curls would get chopped off, but they stayed with me!

Has this ever happened to anyone? I mean, I've read your hair can change after pregnancy, but hello, Cale is two. I kinda figured any change like that would have already taken place (my Mom's hair got darker with each pregnancy). Perhaps the chemical body change just came late?

OR...maybe, just maybe, God is granting me curly hair so my new baby and I will be able to "match" despite our other physical differences. I like to think so. Thank you Lord. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Katie...I've been meaning to comment on this forEVER! My hair did the same thing. I've had 3 pregnancies and after each one - my hair has gotten curlier! AND darker! but it wasn't an instant thing, it happened over time. Isnt' that so weird?? I used to have stick straight hair and now if I just let it dry naturally its a kinky curly mess! And the worst part is, the top of it has much less curl, so if I want to style it curly, I usually just pull the top back or something...so annoying! But the underneath is like poodle curly! So I usually just straighten it all.