Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 Highs and Lows

Yesterday Tim and I were talking about our highs and lows for this past year.

Here they are:
Tim's High - Buying our first house!
Tim's Low - dealing with our last landlord (yikes, what a nightmare!)

God definitely blessed us this year by allowing us to purchase our house! You know, Tim and I have moved 6 times in the past 4 years. Yep, that's right! We have had our share of bad neighbors, bad landlords and bad locations...God knows how to stretch you, but he also gives us unbelievable blessings when you least expect it.

Katie's High - STARTING OUR ADOPTION!!
Katie's Low - my miscarriage

The hardest thing of 2008, and my life. But without this, I really truly would not have understood the phrases in this verse: (Phil 4:7) "the peace of God, which passes all understanding will guard your heart and mind" Ya know, I've memorized this verse as a child and have always thought I understood what it meant, but NOW I get it. After the initial shock of the miscarriage was over, I kind of expected to be depressed for awhile, but instead, I experienced God's peace and have had it since. It's hard to describe or understand, but I am at peace with what happened. I think I recovered much more quickly because of the amount of people that were praying for us! So God has not only given me peace, but a burning passion for adoption!

and for fun, I asked Cale:
Mommy: Cale, what was your high for the year 2008?
Cale: "Mama"
Mommy: Interesting. and what would you say was your low for this past year?
Cale: "no"
so, there you have it, folks. according to our baby, he experienced only Highs for 2008.
as it should be Cale, as it should be. :)