Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dream

I woke up this morning in the middle of a beautiful dream. I cannot remember the whole thing, but I definitely still have that last "snapshot" scene in my head. In the dream, I went to check on Cale, like I do every night before I go to bed. When I walked into his room, I saw three children, and my husband, all asleep. Tim was laying on a twin bed with our adopted son, Jace (and this time I got a good look at his face, and he was beautiful!). Cale was laying on the floor (and he was much older) amongst a bundle of blankets - ((not sure why he was on the floor)), and there was also an infant fast asleep in a crib.
The baby in the crib was another biological baby...a boy...all boys.
My immediate thought when I "came to" was, "whoa...we need to get going on our adoption of a girl!" (which we definitely plan to do if we have two more boys! :)
Anyway, it's too bad you can't plug your brain in at night and record the good dreams, so we can revisit them as often as we'd like. Then I could share it here on my blog for you all to see. That would be awesome!

But, until I have all my boys at home :), I'll post a picture of the last time Cale fell asleep with his Daddy in the room. (it was a long time ago....awe!)
what a baldy, huh!?!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

awww cute picture. loved the dream story. did u remember what his face looked like? i've had several dreams about our baby and in the dream, i can see his face, but when i wake up that is the only thing i cannot remember.

Ann said...

I have often found those dreams to be God's way of leading me and changing my heart. Perhaps God is telling you your child is a boy. We were 100% sure we wanted a girl and had requested a girl, waited months and months for a SN match, God game me a powerful dream about adopting a boy--and we saw our sons' picture on the WC listing shortly after. I wouldn't have known he was the one without the dream!