Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

1 month update.

Well, the first month went by pretty quickly. Only these last few days that I have been waiting to say "one month" has it gone a little slower. I was so excited to email in (to our agency) for our "official" one month update! I wrote them this really pretty email asking for any information available: where we are on the waiting list, how much longer is our estimated wait, what DTE dates they are doing now, etc. And I was really looking forward to the email response, however, it was pretty anticlimactic:
There hasn't been a lot of movement. A few babies have been offered to families who have been waiting on the list.
Hmph. Needless to say, that wasn't the exciting news I was hoping for. I don't know why I thought the news might be exciting, but the fact that we are 1 month closer to our baby was pretty exciting to me!
Oh well, maybe we'll know more next month.


On another note, I had a funny dream last night. In my dream, I was giving "plumpy nut" samples to people I know, trying to encourage them to make donations for this product to our orphanage. Weird, huh? Well, not so weird if you know what "plumpy nut" is, but weird if you don't. So, I'll enlighten you.

Plumpy'nut is a high protein and high energy peanut-based paste (PB) in a foil wrapper. It tastes slightly sweeter than peanut butter.

Plumpy’nut requires no water preparation or refrigeration, making it great because the water isn't always clean, even when boiled. It treats severe acute malnutrition! The packets have a 2 year shelf life when unopened, so shipments can be sent in mass! The product was inspired by the popular Nutella spread (which Tim, Cale and I love!).

The ingredients are: peanut butter, powdered milk, powdered sugar, vitamins and minerals. (looks good right?...seems like it tastes good too!)

Plumpy'nut contains vitamins A, B-complex, C, D, E, and K, and minerals calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, iodine, sodium, and selenium. Packed full of things these babies and children need, but might not get otherwise!! AWESOME, isn't it?

Click on the word-link above to watch the newscast report. It's about 10 minutes, but it's very cool. Most of the babies in our orphanage (especially those who have been abandoned) are eligible to get this supplement. It has done wonders! One parent has said that her baby has gained a pound a week!

Anyway, I was reading about that stuff alot last night, so that's probably what spurred on my vivid dream. Researching this has also made me VERY hungry for peanut butter! Go figure. Well, here's to hoping this month goes quickly as well.

No comments: