Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My first son

Well, it's been awhile since I really mentioned much about Cale. I know this blog is about our family's journey to our Ethiopian baby, so I can't forget to mention my first baby.
Mr. Cale is full of life! There is a whole other side of him that has come out these past few days. I think partly because of the weather, and partly because it's suddenly hit me, that I'm going to have a 2-year-old in a couple weeks. 2! It really seems like time is going by so fast. Tim and I were talking about our next adoption. Yep, we were family planning. We would like to adopt a little girl from China, but you have to be 30, and I'm only 25. I was commenting to Tim on how long 5 years sounds, and I actually said to him, "whoa, in 5 years, Cale will be 5!" To which I was corrected, "No, in 5 years, Cale will be 7!" My baby, 7? No way!
So, on that note, I thought I'd "time capsule" some of the things he's been up to before he turns the ripe old age of 2:
Cale LOVES to be outside. Now, I understand this may be true of most children. But since the past 2 or 3 days have been so nice, we've really spent almost every waking minute outside. We've gone to the zoo, the park (a dozen times at least - there is one right behind our house), played in our backyard, went for walks, really anything with fresh air...and it has been awesome! Cale is a climbing maniac! He really has no fear of heights whatsoever. He will climb to the highest slide and zooms down without coaxing. There is this rock wall kind-of-thing (it's got holes for your feet and hands) at our neighborhood park that I've been helping him up, and today he ran over there and climbed up it himself! I was stunned!
Cale likes to paint and color. He's becoming very artistic. But he can also kick a soccer ball around the house...and he doesn't miss, so he's also athletic. What a kid!
He's now stringing together 3 and 4 word sentences at random. I was playing Monopoly on the Wii and I traded one of the computer players for a monopoly and I shouted "Mommy made a deal!" And Cale repeated it. It was very cool. He has been saying "please" for quite awhile, but today he said "thank you" unassisted. Yesss!! My boy with the manners. Awe.
Well, that's enough of me gushing...you might think, yeah right...he can't be that cool. But he is, and here's some pictures and videos to prove it:

Artistic Cale

Climbing Cale
Fearless Cale
Mommy's BoyAnd here are some videos:
Painting for Mommy.



Enjoying the park.


No comments: