Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fundrasier

We had our fundraiser last Saturday! We had such a wonderful time! Thanks so much to all of my friends who organized it and contributed it. Definitely want to shout out to Patty. She is awesome, and let us have the event at her house ON her birthday!
Our fundraiser consisted of raffles and silent auctions with and added bonus of a gold-selling party. Everyone knows that gold is at an all-time-high right now, right? ;) Well, there are actually consultants that come to your house for a party and pay people cash for their broken or unused gold. (And I dont just mean jewelry, we actually had people selling gold pens, and gold TEETH...ahhh!) Plus, you, as the host, gets 10% of whatever was made at the party, so it was really nice. Such a fun day, I wish more people were able to come and enjoy!
God definitely was in the room...there was so much love for our baby.
We are hoping to do a garage/bake sale this summer to raise more support.
Anyway, the fundraiser kept me so busy that these past 2 weeks have flown by, but now I'm not sure what to do with my time. I also have more of it because I got 'let go' from my salon job. The economy is bad, and I wasn't able to give them any full-time hours. Well, my full-time job is still "Mommy," and that's one I'm not willing to part with.
At any rate, please continue to pray for us. We are so excited to be on the waiting list and are pretty pumped that there have been referrals going out to families in 3 months or so! We may be getting a referral late May! That would be wonderful.
Our agency sent out a newsletter to waiting families. This was in it:
"Regarding referrals, we are not offering babies to families who want baby boys and whose dossiers went to Ethiopia in early December. Many dossiers were sent in December and January, so families whose dossiers went then or in February (like ours!) will still likely have to wait awhile. For baby girls, we are still offering babies to August families. To give an idea of how the waiting list looks, of the 20 longest waiting families, 16 want girls (mostly infants), one is waiting for a boy in a particular age range and three are hoping to adopt young siblings."
It is definitely nice to have an update like that, so we can be prepared time-wise.
We are so ready to welcome another little man in our family! God has truly blessed us with Cale. He is the light of our lives and I know he is going to be a great big brother soon!
Congrats to my brother-in-law David, and his fiance' Amber, who set a date for their wedding on June 13, 2009. It's so awesome to see families grow! I know right now I'm thinking about our second addition to the family, but I can't even imagine how many more family members we'll have in 50 years!
We're praying that we have a picture of our baby to show everyone at the wedding!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Glad to hear your fundraiser went well. If you want any suggestions to your garage sale fundraiser let me know, I did a big one last year in April and made around $3000.