Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Cale!

I have a 2 year old! How fun. He's a great little guy, and I spent lots of time on his "Sesame St" party. I made cardboard cut-outs of Big Bird, Oscar, Grover, 2 of Elmo, and Ernie and put them everywhere. We had fun games to play, a pinata, and lots of food...pizza, "dirt," cookies, cake and Rubber Ducky punch. There were about 10 'little' guests, and 12 'older' guests. Definitely a houseful!

This week I have my sister and her 2 daughters visiting, and we're picking up my Mom tomorrow, so our house will continue to be a mess, but it's definitely a good time. Cale's cousin, Heather, is 6 months younger than him and they are having a great time playing together and teaching each other new things. It really makes me think it would be alot of fun if we got referred a toddler. Either way, we'll be happy, but it's SO nice to have Cale have a little playmate around. It's wonderful that they will go out in the playroom and play together....normally Cale won't go out there unless Tim or I go, so this is GREAT!

We have one week after everyone leaves before we go to Florida. We are going to visit friends for a few days. I'm hoping to be able to catch some rays while we're down there - I am mighty pale! All these things going on has and will make April fly by and before you know it, we'll be on at our 2 month checkpoint! I'm nervous about May though. We'll have to plan something so it goes by quickly as well. We can't wait for our baby...and I know it's just right around the corner. I'm praying I can continue to be patient. Pray with me, won't you? I'd appreciate it! :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday to Cale. 2 is so much fun. I bet your prayers will be answered as Cale keeps you on your toes the next few months while your heart waits (impatiently I presume) for your new sweet sweet baby. I can't wait to be excited for you!!!