Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Friday, July 17, 2009

what now?


Well, obviously, July 15th has come and gone. We have no referral, so like many others, we will owe an extra $2000 as an increase to the Ethiopian fee. Please continue to pray for us as we raise/save money. With the extra amount due, we are set back a severe amount of our savings.
I'm not gonna say ALL of it, but yeah, pretty much all of it.
Total bummer. :(
We've also heard that because all healthy babies in care were referred, it'll still be months before we hear anything. Even though we're like number 5 in line.
Yes, MONTHS.
So, I feel as though, for the sake of my sanity, I must distance myself from all excitable things that would lead me to false hope; by this I mean checking my email 5 times a day in the hopes that someone announced a referral, moving us up on the list, or conspiring how to get "more information" on the 'goings-on' of the adoption front...maybe even blogging. Maybe.
I know now that getting your hopes up is fun, but the aftermath is, not so much.
So, I'm going to enjoy the rest of my summer, (without dwelling too much on how the process has changed since I first applied); and PRAYERFULLY by the time the fall rolls around I'll have a new, refreshing outlook on the wait. Maybe. :)
All joking aside, I know it will happen in God's timing. And if I've learned ANYTHING in this process, it's to trust God.
I read this somewhere: "If the door is shut, don't put your shoulder to it. Wait until God takes out the key and opens it." That should be the adoption motto.

3 comments:

Shonah said...

Katie,

God will provide, God will provide! Just try to keep reminding yourself of this fact. God has a baby for you, someone that he knew was going to be yours before you were even conceived. He know ever hair on that childs head and he know exactly when he will be put into your arms. Rest in that knowledge as much as you can:) We will be praying for you guys!

You have been such a trooper, keep it up!

Also, If you would like help planning a fundraiser please feel free to contact me. I planned several things to help raise funds for our adoption. I would love to help you guys meet your goal!

Kristy said...

You echoed our feelings exactly!!!!

Hang in there.

Blessings,

Kristy

PS....do you have access to our blog?

Shana said...

I echo the other two comments. We can't forget that He owns the cattle on a thousand hills!

Believe me, I know about a youth minister's salary! Where are you guys serving? We are in southern GA.

Hang in there!

Shana D