Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Monday, July 6, 2009

the name of the game


Wanna play a game?
Yes? you do? Great!
What's it called?
"WAIT"
...It's the Waiting Game. Sound like fun?
NO? Well, I'll explain the rules to you, and perhaps it'll change your mind. ;)

Well, for starters, there are 5 different colored players, each with a significant meaning:
You can be -
Yellow for "Happiness"
Red for "Love"
Purple for "Anxiety"
Green for "Jealousy"
or
Gray for "the Unknown"
So, pick your piece. Got one? Good!

Now, the rules:
You start off by putting together a puzzle. It might take you awhile, but when you're done, hand it in.
Then wait.
Okay, now you can pick up ONE card at various intervals in the game, but you can't do anything with them until it is your turn again.
Just wait.
"When IS your turn?"
Well, it varies from person to person.
You must wait.
"How long did everyone else have to wait? Can you ask them, so you can figure out when it's your turn?"
Sure!!
But it won't really affect your wait.
What happens after the wait?
I'm not sure. I think someone will let us know it's your turn,
and then I think it's more waiting.
I can't be entirely certain though. You see, I, myself haven't gotten that far in the game...It's not my turn yet.
What?? You think this game is hard?
I agree completely, but I'm glad you're keeping me company. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I've been meaning to comment on this for a while now... I LOVED this post! It was hilarious...but I have SO been there too!! And now that the tables have turned I am so humbled to actually be at the end of my long journey. I sometimes feel bad that I am so far along in the process when others are still waiting and waiting and waiting... I just hope that the positives of our story will help others(like you!) to realize that there is (hopefully) a happy ending and all of the waiting in faith is so worth it. I'm so glad we've connected with amazing families throughout this process to share the journey together!! Hugs!!