Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Monday, June 1, 2009

3 months

Well, it's been 3 months and 5 days that we've been waiting for Jace. I called and emailed for my check-in and got some news, good and bad. Good that referrals should FINALLY be going out in the next few days, bad that we probably won't be on that list to receive one quite yet. The hope is by the end of June. It's so crazy how each referral timeline is different. I know someone who waited 5 months for a baby boy, and another 3 months and 2 days. I am still praying we get our referral before we leave for Ohio to visit Tim's family. On the surface it seems unlikely, but God can do BIG things...He knows our little guy and wants us to be together EVEN MORE than we do (which is ALOT)! I will of course, be thrilled to make the announcement, but in the meantime I need to trust God's timing. His thoughts are better than my thoughts and his ways better than my ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie, I'm wondering how you knew your name wasn't on the list of referrals going out this round... Man how do you know to ask all the right questions?