Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

for Jace


This past weekend we had our huge Garage Sale for Jace! Many of our friends donated their unused stuff to us to sell. We had a great turnout both days with wonderful weather! I feel like I've been living in my garage the past 2 weeks (sorting, pricing, setting up, tearing down, boxing). It's crazy! Even now, I spending time in the garage. A good friend of mine has offered to have a sale at her house to sell the things that didn't go. This is wonderful because she lives in a different city and her house is located right off a main road. I'm anticipating much more traffic there! We're hoping the sale there in July goes as well or better than this past one! The Lord has truly blessed us and I want everyone to know He has been protecting us during this economy, making it even possible to adopt! He is AWESOME!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Katie! This is Rachel Hamilton (now Wing) from Cedarville. Tim facebook friended me and I saw that you all are waiting for your referral! My brother in law and sister in law are waiting for their referral for their Ethiopian baby and are expecting it any day now. They're the next in line for a baby boy! How cool that you all are doing this. You should check out my sister in law's website...www.wingadoption.blogspot.com. Hope you are well, so glad I came across your website. :)

Anonymous said...

So we found out our neighborhood is doing a yard sale this weekend so we're jumping on board... any advice?