Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

The cat's out of the bag.

No more secrecy. I can COMPLETELY wear my heart on my sleeve again. Phew!
In all seriousness, keeping in this secret has been hard on me.
It's bittersweet, but I'm happy to say that the Nester family is embracing a new chapter in our lives. And here it is:
WE'RE MOVING!...and not just down the street, or a city over, but to Maryland!
THIS MONTH!!!
Crazy, I know!
Tim just accepted the Worship and Prayer Pastor position at Mountain View Community Church in Frederick, Maryland.
Tim is currently the Associate Pastor of Youth and Music at our current church, but has been experiencing God's tugging at his heart to peruse full-time worship for awhile. We have been praying for God's guidance as we went to interview and candidate at MVCC.
We need a lot of prayer as we try to sell our house. That is one of the hardest things to relax about. A new job, new house, new baby - all at once!
If you wouldn't mind praying for the sale of our house, that would mean a great deal! We are really hoping that someone will "assume the loan."
So that's big news. No news yet on Megersa's embassy date. It's been 1 week, 1 day, and Susan said it would most likely be 2 weeks until we find out...hopefully next Wednesday we'll know when we can travel!! I mean, I can't believe it's actually happening! I can BARELY stand it!! I can't WAIT to hold him and kiss his sweet little face! If I weren't so stinkin' busy packing and planning the move, I'd probably lose my mind! Haha.
Thankfully, God has given me an AWESOME amount of peace ever since we got our court date. I really feel like things will be smooth sailing.
The Ethiopian Embassy hears AAI's cases every other Wednesday, and our agency director said that we will most likely travel for the March 24th appointment, or April 7th. I'm praying very hard that it is in March - I'd LOVE it if we could
all be together for Cale's birthday!! But, I will try to exert patience, regardless!
Tim got his shots last week...well, most of them. He still has to get 2-3 others. His poor arm is really hurting him!
Anyway, back to the upcoming move:
We are 99% sure of where we are going to live. It's a townhouse in Frederick...about 10 minutes from the church. It's got 3 bedrooms, 3 1/2 bathrooms (I know - how crazy that there are more bathrooms than bedrooms!), and a finished basement that the owner said could be used as an extra room. It's got a back deck and a fenced in yard (praise the Lord!), with a membership to the townhouse community pool!
The pictures I've seen looked very nice...and the owner promised to make a few changes (with regards to primer, and wallpaper removal. We are confident this is the place for us. The owner is just that - not part of an agency, and is willing to let us paint colors we want, and do extra things with it. We will most likely be renting for several years before we can recover from the loss that we may take on this house....
It seems scary - but we are confident God is behind us, and we're excited! I fly out on Monday the 22 with Cale, and we are gonna stay in PA with my family for a few days, then I'll drive with Mom on Friday to MD. Tim hired a driver for the truck, and they said it'll take 2 days to get there. Tim will drive the van, and most likely get there before the truck and stay somewhere in Frederick (or maybe with his brother in Harrisburg). Then they hope to have stuff unpacked, and the major things assembled before Cale & I get there on Friday.
Lots of things happening!.......please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!

3 comments:

natali said...

How exciting! I'll definitely keep you in my prayers!

Amanda said...

Awesome! Glad you can let it all out now :)! I am praying for the house thing....and all else to fall exactly how the Lord wants it to :).

Amber said...

congrats... how exciting. I will keep you in my prayers. And, thanks for your help with the blanket, I appreciate it ;)