Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Eastern time


Well, I'm in the Eastern time zone. For good. It was weird changing my phone this time (for those of you who don't know - you have to manually change your blackberry phone when entering a different time zone). Normally when I travel, I just leave it. It's only an hour difference, and I can do the math! :)
But, I'm back to Eastern time. I grew up in Eastern time, but spent the last 4 years in Central time. Tim's excited to "be back" but I could care less either way.

The last few days were a whirlwind of packing and saying goodbye.
When Cale was learning to repeat us, months back, he started saying "something's weird." Just out of he blue. I know he didn't know what he was saying, but he must have heard us say it at one point. Well, Sunday, when Tim woke me up for church, I looked at him and said "Something's weird." :) And it still feels weird.

Our church farewell party on Sunday night was sad. I'm going to really miss a lot of people. I didn't cry TOO much, but it was definitely hard watching people walk out the door of the church and wondering if I'll see them again. ((Thank goodness for FACEBOOK!!)) The teens took it extremely hard too. They REALLY love Tim. And why not? He's an AWESOME youth pastor and such fun to be around! I know I'm sad when I'm not with him...even for a few days!
We'll miss you Faith Baptist!

Yesterday Cale and I flew from Chicago to Wilkes-Barre.
We left the house at 11:30am and as Tim and Cale were waiting for me in the car - I didn't really get a chance to look around for the last time, I just grabbed my carry-ons, my coat & Cale's pillow, and just ran out the door...
Our house was by far my favorite place I've lived. Good memories, nice layout, good location, no parents, no landlords...etc.
But I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to it.
So, I will now: "Goodbye house!"
Goodbye gigantic master bedroom and bathroom with walk-in closet.
Goodbye favorite stool at the kitchen counter.
Goodbye playroom that helped de-clutter the house.
Goodbye trampoline.
And just so it's not too sappy - I also want to add:
Good riddins to the moles that made our yard look like a discusting mess.
Good riddins to the temperature difference downstairs vs upstairs.
Good riddins to the ugly painted cabinets.

Ah. I feel better now. :)
I'm anxious to get to our new place and try my best to unpack before I leave for ET!!
I can't believe it's only 13 days away!! Cale was an ANGEL on the flight yesterday.
If you know him, you'll know what a statment that is!
He's not a BAD kid on flights - just extrememly energetic...as is his usual behavior. He doesn't sleep, and has a hard time sitting still or using his 'inside' voice. BUT, someone must have been praying for me yesterday (THANKS BABE!), because I think our hour delay was JUST what we needed. I found the 'kid port' in the airport, filled with ALL KINDS of fun things for him to do. It was made by the Chicago Children's museum, and Cale had a blast! I took some great pictures too...I just wish I had my cord that connects to the computer. Oh well.
I think it wore him out, so he was perfectly content to sit on the airplane and watch his favorite movie. He was a dream. :) This guy sitting across from me kept saying how he was so jealous that Cale was such a well-behaved (almost) 3-year-old!
I usually pack my carry on full of things to entertain Cale with, and if there is room, I'll throw in a magazine for me. Well, he was so entertained by sample seat belt the steward gave him, and the snacks & his movie...that I didn't know what to do with myself. I actually flipped through my entire magazine, then decided to "rest my eyes!" :) How about that?

Okay, well, I'm here in PA until Friday afternoon. Kinda bored here during the day with my brothers in school and my Dad & step-mom at work. Plus, I'm without car and cell phone service...but hey, at least I have the internet!
I'm sure I'll be updating my blog more often with non-interesting ramblings such as this one. :) But, I promise I won't blog 2x in one day!
Until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Katie! Glad to hear you are there and settling in. Only 13 days until you leave for Megersa! Oh my! I am mailing Lidya's letter to you today!

Rachael said...

congrats on the move. can't wait to hear how it all goes. i'm sure the new job will be wonderful. glad Cale was a good boy on the flight. :) wow. 13 days till megersa!!!!!!