Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Remember when...

This is one of Cale's FAVORITE things to do these days...playing the "remember when" game. He has an EXCELLENT memory! Really, I'm so impressed!
The first time I think he started with the "remember when" stuff...was a few months ago. Tim, Cale & I went to Sam's Club for a family date. We walked around, got free samples, and then went to their little food court for pizza and hotdogs.
Cale was kneeling on those bench seats they have - very excited and moving around, when he fell off. He went straight back and crashed on the floor. He cried for a little while and said his arm hurt, but of course, he was alright after some snuggles.
At any rate, it had been months since the incident, and one day, out of the blue, Cale said to me "Mommy, 'member when we went to Sam's Club, and I fell down, and got an owie, and cried, and hurt my arm, and ate pizza?...'member that Mommy?"
I mean, WOW! I was so impressed...I'm surprised he didn't tell me what we were wearing, too!
Well, since then, he has been great at 'remembering' events. It's been fun.
So, to that end, I want to ask you:
Remember when I blogged about the card I sent to Megersa?
Well, at the end of last month, a traveling family open it for him. So, I thought I would post pictures of him looking at it!
((I can't post them ALL, because not all of the baby's have passed court - and well, you know the rules!)) But it was ADORABLE - all of the babies on the floor were diggin' it - the card got everyone's attention! Way to go, Mommy! :)
Here are some great ones of my boy, looking at his family:So, all in all...3 dollars WELL spent.
I know my last post was kinda 'heavy' so I thought this would totally be appropriate for now! I look forward to the next steps in life! They may be scary, but I wanted to share a verse a friend of mine shared with me:
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Is 41:13
This is just what I needed today. :)

4 comments:

Elizabeth Isaak said...

is that his crib??? Oh my word, Katie, he's in the same room that Myles was in!!

Amanda said...

That is sooooo cute :)!!

Anonymous said...

I love how all the babies are gathered around checking out his card! How sweet is that!

lynn

Charity Hildebrand said...

Just adorable!