Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

1 year


Check out the adoption ticker on the side. It's been counting the days, weeks, months since we started our process. You will note that it has started over. Why? Because today marks 1 year since we 'officially' started the adoption process. I think adoption has always been on my heart, but exactly 1 year ago, we applied to our home study agency. 2 days later we applied to AAI.
It's been an unbelievable journey...full of emotion!
I've experienced the highest highs to the lowest lows, and truly, God has taught me ALOT!
I'd have to say the biggest lesson I've learned is PATIENCE! I know I'm not a patient person, so it makes sense that God continued to keep me in a situation that forced me to be patient. I'll have to admit, that I did not always perform beautifully, but I DO thank God for the lesson! I will never forget it, and I'm sure it will pop up again in life!
The other GIANT lesson I've learned is trust...and with that, not worrying!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight. (Prov 3:5-6)
I generally have the hardest time with the 2nd part of that verse. I usually try to figure everything out on my own, only to figure out (way past the time I should have) that what I'm doing is not the deciding factor. God has been/is/always will be in control. I cannot change my situation, but I can respond positively to the trials I face. :)
Getting back to the year marker -
1 year ago, we started this process with one beautiful boy. This year we have 2 beautiful boys, and next year at this time, both boys will be here with us!
I truly can't wait to take that first family picture!! :)
God is good.

No comments: