Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Less-Words Wednesday

I have seen people's blog posts entitled "Wordless Wednesdays," and I think it's cute.
They usually have 1 or 2 pics that make me go "Awe."
But, I'm the type of person who loves to read other people's captions of their own photos. See, for whatever reason I feel like the captions add so much...I like to see how people describe themselves, friends, relatives, children, surroundings, etc.
And this is what I think is lacking from 'Wordless Wednesday' posts.

SO...I'm switching it up.
I will still post pictures, but I'm going to use "less words" than I would normally add to my blog posts.

"THE CALL!" Well, it's actually a picture of the call AFTER the call. When I saw who it was the FIRST time, I almost panicked!
My plan was to take a picture of the call as it came in...I even wanted to have the call video-recorded, but none of that came to my mind when I saw who it was.
Anyway, this picture is proof. :) Nov 5, 2009 - 12:34 pm. (central time) ;)

Speaking of my boys, the above pictures embodies some of the things I love about them. Tim and Cale are so adorable when they get on the computer together. 9 times out of 10, they are watching YouTube videos...usually "Charlie bit my finger!" Yep, they watch the normal version, and the techno version.
They both think it's like the greatest video in the world.
And I think it's annoying...I hear it in my sleep! UGH!
But I do love to watch them bond. ;)

I know I've already expressed in detail how annoying it was that my camera broke, so I won't continue. My friend Patty allowed me to borrow her camera for a week so I could take some recent pictures.
The above picture is a rare family photo. Not the best quality, lighting, angle...etc...but it IS a picture of all 3 of us...all smiling nicely. :)
I seriously can't wait to see Megersa in our next family picture! (And it'll probably be until then that we have another family photo.)
Anyway, if everyone seems to like "Less-Words Wednesday" I'll try to keep it up!

No comments: