Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Home

It's good to be home!
This SHOULD be a short post...we'll see how it goes.

If you've read my previous post in it's entirety,
(yes, I know it was LONG!)
you'll see that Tim and I have moved...alot!
As a couple we've lived in 5 different places, in our 5 years of marriage, and I have to say that our "home" was wherever we were.
Yes, yes...it's also "where our heart is"...but mainly just where our stuff is, and where we feel familiar and good.
We've made each apartment and house our home, no matter how long we lived there.
I love to visit family, but I LOVE when I get home...even when the house smells stagnant and the fridge is BARE!
I think it's something about settling back into the routine of things...
I like knowing that I can let my guard down.
Do you ever get this feeling? It's nice.
We are making another big trip, to PA this time, in just a few weeks, so I'll have to give up my "home sweet home" feeling again soon.
But for now, I want to say:
I just love my family and I love to be home.
That's all.

Wow, this WAS short! :) (comparatively, anyway)

No comments: