Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nov 24th


Today is November 24! 2 weeks and 5 days since we saw our little guy's face! 3 days until our 5 year anniversay, and I THINK the day that Megersa is eligible for court!
I have some conflicting reports on whether or not Megersa is eligible yet. When I got the referral call, our agency coordinator told me that Megersa came into care Oct 5th, and that he wouldn't be eligible until Dec 5th (with the mandatory 2 month wait). But when I called to accept his referral (only a few days later) I was told by someone else that he would be eligible for court on Nov 24th, because his first intake report was Sept 24th (which it was...I saw that on his file).
But I dont know if the report was taken in the hospital where he spent a few days before coming to AAI, or actually at AAI. Does the mandatory 2 month wait start after his first intake report, or does it start on the first day he arrived at AAI?
AHHHHH!!
I can HONESTLY tell you that this is the first thing I've begun obsessing about since I got his referral. The Lord has helped me to be SO patient...with everything actually (and we currently have alot going on right now!).
This is my first re-lapse.
And I'm not sure why I'm so obsessed. It's just a few days difference, right?
I want to say "hey, it's only 11 days." And to be honest, PART of me is feeling that, but the other part, "Impatient Katie," is thinking: "11 whole days! That's almost 2 weeks difference!"
I'm trying not to give into her, but now I'm starting to feel what others are feeling:
the wait on this side of the referral is harder (though I don't COMPLETELY agree). Maybe it's because I KNOW that we are a family of 4, but visibly we are still only a family of 3...so I need to find out this answer!
I have written to both people I talked to, to see if I could get things straightened out. I will post when/if I find out for sure!

1 comment:

Me. Us. She. said...

I completely get it!!!
Today is Tuesday. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Which means that I won't hear anything from AAI from Thursday-Monday. A long wait in my opinion. I am trying to hold off emailing them for the non-information I fish for weekly. It's just an extra 5 days. But seems like an eternity. I so hear you. Crazy to the rest of the world. Normal to us.
~Amanda