Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Baby Love

We got another picture of our baby today!!
It was almost a full-body shot...up to about, his knees. He is just soooo beautiful! And I mean that...not like in a sissy way, but really, he is!
The icing on the cake was that the picture had all of the things from his welcome bag in it (minus the camera) - outfit, toy, my blanket (which he was holding!!!!), and the photo album.
To see the photo album, opened to a picture of the 3 of us (here) next to his little face made me think what our family pictures would be like.
And you wanna know what my reaction was?
"I could do this all over again...and soon!"
To think that we haven't even finished our first adoption, (especially being WAY off monetary-wise...though we are confident God will provide), and I'm talking about the next one!
Crazy, I know...but I warned you in the previous post that I'm a tad batty these days! :)
ps. It was also WAY awesome to see his name in the subject line: Megersa Nester.
Yup. :)
On anther note, with respect to Megersa's case being filed, we have yet to hear about it. I wrote to our agency director to see if she knew anything. Since several people received notification that their cases had been submitted last week, it would stand to reason we would have to wait until next week at the earliest to hear anything. (Cases are submitted every 2 weeks or so).
Here is what I asked today:
Hi,
I had a quick question for you:
Toward the end of the in-process update that just went out, you mentioned that cases were filed every 2 weeks.
Some of my friends received emails last week saying their cases had been submitted to court, but we have not yet.
Am I correct in understanding that it will most likely be until next week that we hear something? He was eligible on the 24th of November.
Anxious/excited,
Katie Nester


This is her response:
We really don’t know I am sorry to say. As soon as the contract of adoption is signed and all the paper work is ready the cases are submitted in a group, about every two weeks. We will let you know when we have news.

And while I'm copying and pasting, I'll let you know what she said about his case with respect to the situation in Shashemene:


I saw the In-process update and was happy to see about the information
you got from the Shashamene region! I did have concerns that our case
might be delayed because of the situation...
But since you didn't contact our family directly about a long delay,
can I assume that we are in the clear (for the time being?).

Her:
Katie, When our staff informs us that there is a problem with a case we
inform the family. There have been some problems in Sheshemone with some
cases, so far we haven't heard that there is a problem with yours and we
hope that there won't be. I am sorry they haven't answered as to when you
case can be filed. I'll ask again, but with many families asking questions
about their cases sometimes messages just don't get dealt with, also there
were email problems earlier this week.


Okay, so that's all the news I have to share for the time being. Perhaps next week we'll know more! :)

1 comment:

Shonah said...

Love the stand in:) The the real baby is much cuter!