Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Scene 3, Take 1.


It's been 1 month since we got our referral. Amazing. I still have that blissful feeling when I think about that Thursday when I got "the call." I hope the next few months fly by as fast as this one did.
Megersa is now eligible for court, but our case hasn't been submitted yet. There has been some talk of delays from the area he was born in. Some government restructuring that has been causing some problems. When I found out it was Megersa's region, I have to say that it panicked me! I spent that whole day playing tug-o-war with God as I fought to try and control this problem. I decided it was best to let Him take control, because He knows what's best for my life, and I prayed, and have been praying for God's peace with whatever the situation may be.
The most recent report from our agency states:
There has been reference recently on the aaiethiopia list to cases from Sheshemone. There has been a change in the organization and staffing of the department that approves adoptions there and new officials are nervous about adoption cases, fearing that there have been cases done improperly in the past (not with AAI cases). Temesgen was in Sheshemone last week and continues to advocate and promote adoption with these folks. With cases where we believe there will likely be a long delay we have notified the families involved.
So, since I haven't heard anything about possible delays (and I gave them a chance because I called specifically to ask about it! ;)...I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we are in the clear for now? I'm still holding my breath a little for the next week or so until I find out that Megersa's case has been submitted.
Once this court stuff is over I will definitely breathe easier.
The holidays actually help a lot!
I'd love to start some family traditions that we can continue each year, but since Cale's only 2, we haven't really started any, and I'm not sure where to begin!
SUGGESTIONS?? It could be anything really.
I need something to help pass the time.
You know what else I just noticed?
Cale will be 3 in exactly 4 months.
Scary.

No comments: