Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

L...O...??....E

Guess what??
Megersa's case got submitted to court!!
And guess what group we're in???
Right now I am LOVING the adoption train ride!
Of course I have had my ups and downs, but I'm beyond excited to be headed to the top of the loop! We're almost there!

Here's what I know:
Dec 10...got an email saying that Megersa's case was almost ready, outside of the cover letter.
Dec 15...emailed in to find Megersa's case still hadn't been submitted.
Dec 28...called in, to find out that Megersa's case HAD been submitted, and that we are in Group V!

Here is how that conversation went on Monday:
Me:
"Hello,
This is Katie Nester, and I'm calling to find out if my little guy Megersa's case had been submitted to court yet. The last time we spoke, you mentioned that they were waiting on the cover letter to complete his file."


Her:
"Yes, I remember. When I got back into the office today I had several messages from ET...hang on while I check which one pertains to your case."
"Okay, we have here that your case has been submitted, and that you are in Group V. You should be informed of a court date within 10 days or so from court filing, and it looks good that you will have a court date by the end of January."

:)
Dec 30 (today)...we get home from PA and check the mail, to find a bill from AAI for the remaining balance we owe. It stated on the bill that this part of the ET fee was due when your case is submitted to court and must be paid in full before they can schedule an embassy date.
So, I look at the date at the top. It is marked Dec 18.
My friend Rachael got the exact same bill, so she emailed to find out she is also in Group V. Her bill is also marked Dec 18.
A conspiracy? Maybe.
Does that mean that our case was filed on Dec 18, and my stomach was in knots for 10 days for no reason!!?? Perhaps, but I know I was again, learning patience.

Fast forward to just a few minutes ago. I checked my old emails to find an email someone sent me with news of when her case had been submitted to court.
I HAD to check to see if the dates match up. Guess what?
Her case was also submitted on Dec 18!
Holy Moly!
I was told that families usually get a court date that is about 4-5 weeks after their cases had been submitted. Is it possible to think that our court date may mid January? Whoa!
Things are moving!
10 business days from the 18th of Dec would be this coming Friday, but because the office is closed tomorrow and Friday, perhaps we'll hear something early next week.
That would be awesome!
I, of course, will keep you all posted.

No comments: