Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Monday, December 7, 2009

It's a race! It's a race!!


Not really. There is no real race, but I feel like I'm in a race sometimes...nothing too specific, just life in general. Do you think that's because we live in such a face-paced economy? Everything we want or need is usually right at our fingertips. If we need to wait on something, life is turned upside-down!
Today MID-stir, my blender/beater (whatever you call it) broke. I immediately wanted to run out and buy another one...but without a car, it was difficult. Thankfully I have a neighbor who was willing to let me borrow hers for the duration of my Christmas cookie baking, but good glory, what would I have done without that? haha! I guess I would have had to use my arms!!
Cookie making wasn't really the issue that made me think of racing, it was just annoying, so I thought I'd share! :)
What made me think I was racing was when one of my friends announced that she passed court. A day early!
This is excellent news for her, but it made me think, "Hey wait! I haven't heard that my case was submitted to court yet!"...which doesn't make any sense. She got her referral about 2 months before I got mine, of course she would pass before me.
I feel the same way when people announce their pregnant with their 3rd child.
"I haven't even had my second,"..."I'm older than you", etc etc.
What a goofy reason to think something like that, isn't it?
I'll answer my own question - "totally."
When things do happen with referrals, court cases, or travel, it makes me happy that things are moving along, but I can't help but get a little bit 'jumpy' waiting for my turn!
I think this stuff with the possibility of delays from cases that came from Shashamene really has me crazy! I think I will feel so much better when I hear that our case has been submitted. This way I know there isn't a problem.
But until then...I'll probably be a tad batty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are more creative and witty when you are batty!!!!!!!! It better not be a race, because I HATE losing. I know what you mean, though, because I feel like I am in a race with the other 3/9 DTE family! For no reason, whatsoever! Embarrassing to even admit.... We will both get the child meant for our family. Maybe, it will be a tie! LOL