Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Itchy

I feel "itchy" to blog again. I'm not sure why.
Maybe because I have been posting every day for the past few days. Maybe because I feel like it passes the time, or records the time for me as I wait. I have been dying for my friend to announce on her blog that she got her referral! :) When she does I can discuss our plans for our children to become best friends. You know they are most likely days apart in age?
Both were born in August '09.
I wanna know Megersa's assigned birthday!!!
You know, I made a calendar for my Dad today for Christmas.
He's one of those men who has everything they want/need.
And I find it difficult to buy something for someone who usually just gets what they want for themselves.
Usually his birthday or Christmas request is Starbucks coffee or gift cards. So, I'm trying to think outside the box and get him something "invaluable" (as pictures always are).
Hence the calendar.
So, I was uploading pictures, filling in the captions for each photo, and going through each day of the month...typing in birthdays or anniversaries, when I came to realize it that NO ONE on my Dad's side of the family (and it is a LARGE family - from my 2 grandparents came 5 children, 25 grandchildren, and 5 great-grands!)...has a birthday in August. No one even has an anniversary in that month!
Until Megersa. :)
I desperately wanted to pick a day and type in that info, but I don't want it to be wrong when we actually do find out. I'll have to settle for just 'writing' it in. Not as cool. Oh well!
I took a picture of Cale holding a picture of Megersa and used that as the pic for the month of November!! Referral month! I wish I could post it!
So anyway, this 'friend' who got a referral spoke with one of our agency directors about her baby's file and found out some good information - The next group to go to court (I think they're on group "U") will have a court date of Dec 17!
At first I thought it was possible that we might get in that group, but that's highly unlikely. We haven't been submitted yet. Even if they did their best to get his file ready by next week, I can't imagine that a court submission and court date only days apart. Either way though, things ARE moving for people. The most recent court date was Dec 8, so if the pattern is court every week and a half, that would put us in a good position to travel in early spring (which is our hope/wish/prayer).
Alright, enough with that. I dont want to get myself over excited.
Here is some fun Cale and I had today: I can't take the credit for it. I found this idea in one of my Parents magazines...but try it - fill squirt bottles with water and then put a few drops of food coloring in them and let your child go wild in the snow! Cale LOOOOOOVED this! He kept asking me, can I spray dis Mommy? Yes? Cale spray the snow? It was so funny. It took him awhile to trust that he was allowed to do it. Lots of fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The cat's out of the bag-- i posted to my blog, finally!! Love the food coloring in the snow idea. now, if it will only snow enough here for us to try it! Keeping my fingers crossed that you get your court date this week...

Sara Nanney said...

Hey, Katie...
I just wanted you to know that I've been checking out your blog recently (since I knew you guys were adopting) and it is so neat to read about this whole process. My husband and I hope to adopt from Africa one day, and it's interesting to know how everything works! Thanks for sharing your story!
Sara