Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Monday, January 5, 2009

AAI group

I have recently joined an AAI adoption yahoo group. It's been so wonderfully insightful and everyone is so friendly! I'm so glad I have this opportunity to talk to other people in the exact boat as I am in, even if they are further up the stream than I am! It looks like families have been getting referrals on average 3-4 months after their Dossier is sent to Ethiopia. How exciting! Since Tim and I are still "paper-chasing" (a new word that describes our situation meaning we are in the process of completing all the paperwork to send to Ethiopia), it will still be several months for us, but it's so exciting to see the amount of babies that are being referred! Before you know it, we'll have a name and a face too!

And while I'm commenting on the Baby, it's so hard for me to not know the gender! It's like being pregnant all over again! Well, the overall wait from our beginning application to referral may be more than 5 months, but I feel the same way I did when I was pregnant, waiting for the ultrasound to see if it was a boy or girl! In my gut I knew it was a boy. (well, I was like 99% sure:) But this is a different ball game! I am still thinking boy, but you never know! Either way though, Cale needs someone else to play with...entertaining a toddler is so exhausting!!

2 comments:

Leah Reeves said...

Hi,

Agency yahoo groups can be so wondeful and offer a lot of support.

Your referral call will be soooo exciting..... boy or girl!

I have added you to me blog role so I can follow your journey.

Leah

Amber said...

Hi There,

Congrats on your decision to adopt.
I am getting together my paperwork and insurance statement for my application. Finally, made an agency choice...AAI. I cannot find an ethiopia aai yahoo group. What group are you referring to?--Thank You
adopt_ethiopia@yahoo.com