Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A lovey


Do you ever feel overwhelmed with what's going on? Like sometimes the "crazy fog" won't lift? Well, today is one of those days. Some days I spend all day dwelling on one thing and I forget what else is going on in the world. I won't go into details, because it's unnecessary, but my mind has been overwhelmed. Then I look into my baby's room and see him, asleep, content with his "loveys": his binky and blanket (his two favorite items in the world) and I wish I were like a child again with two items that can instantly cause comfort and relaxation.
But then I realize I do have these things. I have my Bible, which can provide me with all the comfort and relaxation I need...
Psalm 119:50 "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life."
...AND as a bonus, God has given me a fantastic husband, who always listens to my opinion and shares my frustrations while gently pointing me to the "big picture." Someday the craziness may clear up, but until then, I'll try harder to rely on MY loveys. :) (okay, yeah, that's a cheesy line. haha.

ps. for any of you that think Cale is "too old" to have a binky, I say this to you:
"Perhaps you're right, but he's not even two yet. We are aware that some day he'll either give it up, or we'll have to fight him for it. But for now, it's fine with us if he still has it!"
((And yes, it is funny that Cale's favorite thing in the world is purple. :) something fun for him when he's a teen!))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I love you guys very much. I'll come see you again soon, give Cale kisses for me. OHHH you know what I just thought?!?! If I don't move to NYC this year I can be at the airport when you bring the baby back!! Yeah!!!

Amanda said...

What a great blog! And so awesome that you are so transparent! I love how the Lord uses our children to teach us so so much and what a perfect Scripture He gave you for that! :)