Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Update

If you happened to check out my blog for the 11 or so hours that we had a fund raiser posted, than this post will hopefully clear up confusion. If not, it'll just be informative. See, I found an Ethiopian adoption tee-shirt design and fund-raiser on another blog that I got permission to use. So, after getting the pictures, paypal account and descriptions up, I found out that fund-raising on blogs or any other internet sites is illegal, (according to the Ethiopian Embassy). My agency called me today (after only having my blog updated for a few hours) and told me that someone saw my blog and told them about it. I guess it's a pretty serious thing. AAI told me that there has been a few incidents where people did not remove their fund-raisers from their sites and they were told that they were not welcome to adopt from Ethiopia anymore. According to the Embassy, they feel that a couple that is adopting should not have to raise any outside funds.

Anyway, this is the first news I've heard about this, and it kinda came as a shock to me, because I've seen many other blog sites that have fundraisers taking place.
While I found it odd that this person did not contact me directly, I do appreciate knowing this information. I would never want to be told I couldn't adopt from Ethiopia because of something like a tee-shirt!

Which gets me thinking a little more deeply. It actually makes me a little nervous. Should Tim and I not have started up the adoption process, not having all of the money in place? It's hard for me to think about because I already love this child so much and feel like he/she is already my own and I would do anything for them. I envision the near future, not with "what-ifs" and "buts," a family of 4 (and still to grow) and I get choked up! I feel God's leading in this, so that should be my answer, right? Yes, nothing is impossible with God!!
((...including me fitting in this tube slide with Cale! Man, that kid loves play-places!!))

2 comments:

Amanda said...

HI Katie! I'm on the OAEG group and just checkin out the blogs :). So glad you are following God's leading and you hit the nail on the head...NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!! We started our process with ZERO dollars, and each dollar has been met and we almost have it paid in full (minus airfare). God is faithful and He will provide :). When I get nervous I have to remember: God won't call us to something and then meet us half-way...He will bless more than we can imagine! "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to th epower that works in us..." (Eph. 3:20)!!! Awesome, Awesome and excited to see who the Lord has for your family!!!~Amanda

Ann said...

Katie,

I'm glad you like my blog. My daughter cannot remember HOW she put on the slideshow. I know she played around with it for a long time. She uploaded onto photobucket with the slideshow, then went into templates and added it on the side. I even e-mailed a friend who I thought would know but haven't heard back. I was wondering why I never seen them on other blogs--maybe it's really complicated? Anyhoo, I'll let you know if my dd can figure it out.

Keep the faith on the adoption. The money will come.