Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Friday, January 9, 2009

FLU

'Tis the season for the flu. Cale woke up in the middle of the night throwing up and was sick all day Tuesday. He then passed it on to me, who threw up Wednesday and Thursday, and now Tim is throwing up today. Ahh, the beauty of sharing the flu. Since I haven't thrown up since I was pregnant, I got to learn, first hand that children do not care if you spend all day in the bathroom, doing 'that' and the like...yuck. They still want to be with you, right up near you, almost in your lap. Isn't it wonderful? I texted Tim yesterday saying "wouldn't it be nice if Cale just said to me "hey mom, I'd like some privacy for a little bit here, would you mind finding something to entertain yourself with while I have a moment alone?" Haha. That would be great, and hysterical! But bless his heart, he stuck right by my side until Tim came home from work. Well, since I experienced this, I decided to take Cale out all morning so that Tim could rest. We went to Walmart to pick up some items, and then went to McDonalds. He looked like such a big boy sitting there at the table in the play place eating his fries and burger the way Mommy does...plain cheese and meat, fries dipped in sweet and sour sauce. Yes, I'm not going to fight you that it sounds disgusting, but it is totally delicious. Something I've enjoyed since I was in high school. And now, my boy is following my footsteps. Makes a Mommy proud! ;)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

oh girl, bummer! the flu is horrible. glad you're feeling better though! did you see that Ali and Courtney got their referrals? You gotta check out the picks on common thread. SOOOOO CUTE!

Summer said...

I LOVE your blog!! Wow, it looks like we really are in the same boat! Maybe we'll be traveling together!

Elizabeth Isaak said...

Katie! I dipped my french fries in sweet n' sour sauce ALL THE TIME. Haven't done it in a while. Next time we get a Happy Meal, I must try it again to relive sweet childhood memories!