Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Monday, January 12, 2009

My Prayer Journal

Dear Lord,
I want to lift up to you the people in Ethiopia tonight...the drought, the famine, the hunger. I CAN NOT even fathom. Lord, I know that when Cale "signs" (because he's still learning to talk) that he's hungry I usually always rush to get him something to eat. I've never known hunger, or food shortage. I don't think I'd be able to take not feeding my baby. I can't even imagine what's going through the minds of the parents over there...the desperation. It makes me cry, Lord!
I've known food abundance and food waste. As a child we were told to "finish our plates" and to "think of all the starving children in the world that would do anything for your leftover." And now it is so personal to me. It is my baby in Ethiopia that is in this drought, this famine, with hunger. There is a formula shortage in the orphanages, because of the abundance of babies coming in by parents who cannot care for them or are dying. So please take care of my baby for me, Lord, until I can. Take care of your baby, your children. Heal their land.
In Your powerful name, Amen.

I posted this little exurb from my prayer journal, not so I can make people feel depressed about the situation in Ethiopia - quite the contrary - it is to open our eyes to what we DO have here; what we might take for granted. And as we do this, we can think of those less fortunate - and do what we can for them.
I truly believe that Christians can do so much when their eyes are opened to a problem, and their heads are bowed in prayer.

2 comments:

ABG said...

Hey--DON'T LEAVE the group! I'd hate to see you go, and everyone has been posting about it all day. Please stick around...

Please.

Ali

Tracy said...

Thanks for the warning. I actually have heard that alot but our agency says its completely false. If you use the childs name or picture while fundraising then you are in the wrong but otherwise there is nothing to worry about. I have an email from our agency stating this. Thanks for looking out for me though. You are sweet!!