Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

me...alone?

GUESS WHAT?
I'm going out tonight! Alone!!
Can you believe it?

Sure, it's only to a MOPS meeting....but I can hardly contain my excitement!
Dont get me wrong, I love all the testosterone that fills the bodies of the boys/men in my life very much, but sometimes it makes me forget I'm a girl.
A "WOMEN!" (chuckle, chuckle)
Basically, it's hard to remember that I'm more than just a Mom.
I change diapers, feed children and clean all day.
I haven't taken care of myself as much recently....girly-wise anyway. Poor Tim.
((I'll try and step it up for ya, baby!))
Sure, I get the occasional shower and shave...but tonight I'll take time to wear:
MAKEUP (when you're home alone with 2 boys without a car, why bother?)
CLOTHES (that aren't sweats, or shouldn't end up with boogers or spit up on them!)
NICE HAIR (I've had no time to straighten my hair - so it lays limp, or goes hog wild.)
PERFUME (this will, of course, be just for fun!)
Yay!
And you know what? Since the meeting isn't until 7pm, I won't feel antsy to get back by bedtime, because I certainly won't make it in time....so, I'm off the hook. :)
Hopefully I'll get to know some other moms...and maybe I'll even hit a store on the way back!
Although, if I know myself...I'll get all hyped up about this night out, and though I love to be alone, after a few hours, I'll be like...humph...I miss my boys.
It always happens.
They're messy, stinky and LOUD...but I couldn't live without them. Even Tim. :)
And just because I can hardly contain my laughter, I HAVE to post this picture a family friend sent to Tim. This picture was taken while I was in ET and Cale was being babysat so Tim could work.
Looks like I'm not COMPLETELY alone with wanting to dress up and look "pretty."
A hahahahahahahaha!!!!
Blackmail...pure blackmail. :)

No comments: