Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Monday, March 15, 2010

THE TRIP - Day 1, part 1.

Okay...I have some free time! Both boys are asleep...for now! Better make this quick. :)

Just to preface everything - I am in LOVE with my son. LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM!! Even when he's projectile vomiting on me! haha. I've journaled a bit while on the plane and in my down time at the hotel. I dated each entry, so I'll try to just type what I wrote.

Journal entry 1: 3-8-10, 9 am, Eastern time
On the plane. WAIT! Not yet. Wow, I'm tired! We're sitting at the gate waiting to board the plane. Our flight was delayed from 9:30a to 10:10a. Not TOO bad. Though waking up at 5 in the morning certainly was! I'm pretty dang tired already. I really hope I can sleep on the plane. Maybe 3 good naps will help me stay awake long enough to be functional. I can't believe I'll be holding my baby in less than 24 hours!
Packing is done. Thankfully. Last night I went to "jelly leg" mode for a short time. (When I get so nervous I can barely walk.) But I THINK I have the most important things, and if not, well...too bad. The bags are gone! Megs' bag weighed 42 lbs, mine, 31, donations, 29.5, Nan's 41 lbs. Fewf! My carry on weighs 11 lbs though it seems heavier. I'm not sure I'll use everything in it, but if I don't, I'll just sit there waiting for the time to pass, so I'll try and do stuff purposely when I'm not actively trying to sleep.
Waiting in line finally kicked in my "GO" drive. Just seeing all the BEAUTIFUL Ethiopians was like - whoa! We're going to Ethiopia, in AFRICA! To bring back my son!! Praying very hard the flight isn't brutal.
Tim's mom and I in line to check-in!
Weighing the bags.Sending the bags through Xray.After going through security!Our Gate.Up the escalator to the shuttle that takes us to Gate D.In the Shuttle!Our plane...waiting to get on it!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

So glad that you guys are home and had a great trip. Can't wait to read all about it. I hope your little guy is transitioning well into your family.

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Welcome Home! Can't wait to hear and see more!

natali said...

I'm SO glad to hear that you guys are home & have little Megersa!! :)) Congrats!!

Haha, not that you are not in Africa, but I think you know what I mean lol.

Charity Hildebrand said...

YAY! You're back! can't wait to hear all about it! Welcome home :)