Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Monday, March 1, 2010

ONE WEEK!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I LEAVE IN ONE WEEK!!

I'm soooooo excited! I can hardly get myself together enough to wrap my head around it. In one week I'll be holding my son. It's MADNESS!
This house looks like a bomb exploded in it! We've got boxes everywhere...
I've been working like a crazy women these past few days trying to unpack as best I can, so I will be able to come home to a house that is not in shambles! (though I guess I may be running that risk leaving it to 2 boys while I'm gone...) ;)

There are so many things to do before I leave. Please pray I can think clearly, and accomplish what I need to!

I got some GREAT photos from a traveling family, and a wonderful update from someone volunteering at Wanna right now.
I'll start with the pictures:
(And again, please remember that I can't post them all because other babies are in them that may or may not have passed court...I'll stick soley to the photos of just Megersa.)Aren't they AWESOME!! :)

So those are some pictures, and now for the report I got from one of my friends in OAEG:

Hi Katie,
I am sorry that it has taken me this long to write to you about Megersa. I have been with him every day that I have been here but it is only now that I can write to you about what a remarkable baby he is. I am sorry that I don’t have answers to all of your specific questions at this time. I hope to have time soon to do an in-depth baby report about all the wonderful questions you wrote.
My days are so full here that I am lucky if I can get a chance to check in on all of our loved ones much less spend any real time playing and loving on them. I have had some parents with immediate and critical concerns that have taken a lot of day and brain-space so I haven’t been able to focus on all the little details that I would have liked to about Megersa.
Oh, Katie! He is so cute and with such a funny personality. He will giggle at the smallest thing and really make this chuckle like you wouldn’t believe. Louder than any of the other babies in his room. Last night he was sitting in the bumbo and I was on the floor beside Tariku. Megersa sneezed. I looked at him in surprise and jumped a little at the sound for dramatics. He gave me that shocked look that is in so many of the photos with his eyes wide. I let him see I was playing by starting to mimic his sneeze. I did a big “AHHH CHHOOO!” He just about fell out of his bumbo with laughter. I could do it again and again and the same response each time.
He is so attentive. I scooted his chair and Deratu’s chair and Tesfaye and Mintenoset so that they could see me and started in on a game of patty-cake with Tariku’s hands. When I would get to “roll them”, I would go around and roll each of their feet and hands. Megersa would watch me so carefully and would anticipate when it was his turn. He would just about squeal in delight at the thought of it being his turn. And then throw back his head and give me just the funniest full-gum view of his mouth as he giggled. So cute.
He seems to sleep very well and is asleep often times when I get there. Yesterday, when he woke up one of his nannies put a little engineer hat on his head. I propped Minty’s mirror in front of him so that he could see. He would raise his eyebrows and feet and hands and just sat like that, totally engaged, for a long time.
He has a little rash on his left cheek. I wonder if it is from drool while he sleeps or if it is from teething. Hard to say. It doesn’t seem to bother him in the slightest.
I am so looking forward to meeting you and your mother in law. The Kings Hotel is not far from here and when I pass it, I think of you coming and get excited. I wish for you a safe journey. Please let me know how I can help make it successful for your family. I am thrilled for both Megersa and yourself that the time is coming soon for him to go home to your loving and fun home.
Much love and good thoughts your way, Morgan


Reading that made me SO happy! I can't wait to experience this all first-hand! And so soon!! YAY!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Katie,

Just checking to see if you got my letters for my boys...

Ashley (from OAEG)

Anonymous said...

Awww KATIE I almost cried reading that email. I can't wait til you can hold him, just thinking about it I'm of course tearing up.

That last pic of him, the new one you put up as the background might be the cutest thing ever. I WISH I GOT TO BE THERE AT THE AIRPORT :(

But I'm still so excited for you guys! Post TONS of pics and SOON after! I can't wait to meet him! Love and miss you guys!

natali said...

yay! so soooN!