Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THE TRIP - Day 1, Parts 2-4

Okay, both boys are in their rooms. Megersa fell asleep in minutes, and Cale...well, he's still banging around up there - but sleep is coming. :)
I'll try my best to type fast, because I'm EXHAUSTED as well!
This middle-of-the-night baby jet lag stuff is for the birds.
Tim is at work, so if I dont nap while they do, I'm done for!

So, lets just dig into the journal:

3.8.10 4pm, Eastern Time
Got on the plane. Took off around 10:50am I think. The flight isn't too full, so hopefully we can spread out a little bit! I see many empty seats! We're both pretty tired from getting up so early, so we're gonna plan to try and sleep right away.
WOW - it's dark! I've been napping, or trying to for probably 2 hours. I'm not sure if I'm really getting any sleep, but I know I'm groggy. I was sitting in the 2 window seats initially, but my legs are so cramped, I switched with Tim's mom. She got a nap in the 3 middle seats - laying down. not sure if she was able to sleep in the 2 though. I can't imagine us being cramped in the 2 seats, side by side.
Thank you Jesus for the extra leg room!!
Looks like we're about 3 hours from our touch down in Rome. It's dark, dark, dark! Makes me want to keep sleeping or TRY to. But Nana and I are going to play some cards.


3.8.10 6pm, Eastern Time
Feeling it. Dreading the rest. JUST when I decided to lay back down, the lights came on - and stayed on. I tried to keep laying down, blanket on my face & all, but no dice. Then the carts came down. Too bad the food wasn't good. Some sort of tuna (with celery! :( and a 'stamp' of roast beef, then some waldorf salad - with celery.
No thanks! I asked for something else. RAW FISH! (okay, it wasn't raw, but the skin was still attached!!!!), and some fruit. So I ate the small fruit cup and passed on the rest. Supposedly after we take back off (after landing in rome) we'll have breakfast. I'm not really hungry, just thirsty for water. But if I continue drinking I'll pee for the, oh, 4-5th time! ha ha. It is me, so it's to be expected.
Oooh! THe lights went out again. Maybe I'll go to the bathroom, then try again to sleep. TRY! We are suppose to get to Rome in 2 hours. So ALMOST 1/2 done with the trip!!


3.8.10 8pm, Eastern time...I think.
Rome! We made it to Rome - safe and sound!
Haven't slept since I last wrote. "Nana" and I talked. Discussed Renee & Seth, Jon & Adele, us, them, David & Amber, etc. I had to yawn several time, but I think holding off and sleeping as close to arrival as possible will help. I'm debating taking a tylenol PM. I'm pretty hungry, so if I sleep through breakfast, I'll be really hungry - more worrisome still, If I take the sleeping pill and CANT sleep, I'll be "dead in the water!" UGH! What should I do, Tim? :) I miss TIm. I wish he were here with me. I also really miss my Cale, though I'm super glad he's not on this flight! 5 hours left though, which is great!
Initially I thought 7 hours, then subtracted to 6, but the voice "from above" :) said 5 hours, 10 minutes for this last flight! WAHOO!! I think once we get there, and get through customs & immigration, we'll decide on our plan of attack. ie: going directly to meet Megersa, or going to the hotel, to nap, shower and get ready - THEN spending the rest of the day at Layla. If we get there and he's napping, I'd hate for them to wake him only for him to be scared and grouchy. So, if it doesn't look like we'll make it to Wanna before 12 (which we probably wont) then we'll do the nap/shower thing. I AM an anxious mommy, but I'm not dumb. I can't fire on all cylinders when I'm exhausted. I've gone to the bathroom probably 5-6 times. Small bladder, yes - but at least it gets me to walk around!
Okay, I might take 2-3 advil instead of tylenol pm. Decision made.


TICKETS, PLEASE!
Welcome!The cool TV screen that updated us every step of the trip!Our assigned seats.

No comments: