Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2 months


It's been 2 months since our referral.
Megersa is 2 months older.
He's been a part of our family for 2 months, but he doesn't know it yet...
I have to admit, that makes me a little sad. But, of course, considering the alternative of still waiting for a referral I'd gladly take this.
2 months down, hopefully only 2 months left.
(This is just a guess based on previous referral to travel times.)
Though we got new pictures yesterday, and the day before, and the day before...I am constantly craving more. I feel as though I did much better in the beginning, when I only had the 2 pictures of him...it's like a Megersa drug! :)

This is a wonderful week for referrals. It's only Tuesday and 4 families from OAEG got their referrals!!!!! 2 boys and 2 girls! It makes me re-live the day I got to see Megersa's face for the first time...a day full of smiling and shrieking! Plus, I've been looking at pics of these babies, wondering who they belong to, and now I know! :) Congrats, families!

2 comments:

Me. Us. She. said...

I like the comparison to a Megersa drug! Why is it in adoption that we use the drug analogy so much? :)

What is OAEG? Are the referrals you mentioned coming from AAI? I am confused. I know I'm on a different list but of course any mention of referrals makes me crazy a bit. Thanks!!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Katie! So glad to find your blog! I love that we can go through this journey together! So comforting!