Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Moving on...

PART 2:
Here's something that I don't think I've really ever discussed...but because I've read other blogs that are bold enough to mention it, I figure - WHY NOT!! -
I struggle with infertility.
Getting pregnant with Cale wasn't as hard as I thought it might be (with some mild fertility treatments)...and I see now that that was a true blessing from God.
He was born after Tim and I had been married 2 1/2 years.
Below is Cale at 1 day old. So tiny!When Cale was about 18 months, I got pregnant again (with the same treatments), only to lose that baby when he/she was 10 weeks old.
After that, I was diagnosed with PCOS, and my body has decided that it is "taking a break" from the idea of pregnancy.
We decided to "pull the trigger" on adoption.
Just so you know, adoption was not a 2nd choice for us.
We have always talked about it, but just didn't decide on the exact timing of it...but God let us know last year in November...that the time was perfect.
And how about this: We didn't have 1 penny saved for the adoption before we began the process!!
Kinda scary, isn't it?
God has PROVIDED!! We do have some of the balances remaining on our credit card, but comparatively, it is not too much.
(I didn't really intend this to be a "plug" for parents thinking about adoption, but if it helps - then that's awesome. You CAN adopt. Don't think about the money...it's not yours anyway. All things come from God...including money, AND children!) :)
Climbing off soapbox now.... :)Other things:
~My style of clothing: well, it's basically whatever I'm in the mood to wear that day. I did mention I enjoy thrift stores...I can find some cool things there name but I also love outlet malls, Target, Old Navy, and Kohls. A smorgasbord of style.
~I am VERY picky about music. I don't really like listening to anything new (and unfortunately my son has developed this same tendency)...which is hard for my husband, the biggest music fan I know! :)
I usually like one song that I play over and over. When I finally get tired of listening to it, perhaps I'll let the next song on the CD play. I then get used to that one, and EVENTUALLY I'll end up listening to a whole CD.
It's weird...and I know it.
~I am kinda the same way about movies. Tim is much more open-minded about flicks, and I tend to steer toward happy movies, cartoons, old favorites and chick flicks. I think I mentioned in one of my posts that I like to pretend the world is made of marshmallows, and nothing bad happens...well, with my selection of favorite movies, I can. :)So...2 parts down, 2 to go.

No comments: