Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Who am I?

This may seem random, but I've noticed that in the past 2-3 posts, I've gotten comments from people I don't know...which is AWESOME! I kinda thought, for the most part, I was writing for myself...to myself.
Sure, I knew of some close friends who may read it from time to time, but I didn't really think that there were..."others." It actually makes me feel pretty cool. :) Like what I say is amusing, or important or something. haha.
Then I stopped to think that these people don't REALLY know me. And well, how could they? They are following a story.
Have you ever read a book thinking it'd be cool to meet the author?
I have to admit, that I haven't thought much of it until now because it was never a possibility.

So, to that end...meet me:
PART 1 - I had to split this up into parts, because I actually wrote it all out and it is EXCESSIVELY long!

Katie Nester. Maiden name: Dudick.
Age: 26 - Birthdate 7.31.83
Married at age 21 to Tim Nester on 11.27.04
Mommy to Cale, who will be 3 on April 5 (scary!!), and Megersa, who is probably between 4-5 months old now.

Living in IL, but grew up in Northeast PA.
((Ever watch the office? W-B is near Scranton - and yes, all the places that Michael Scott talks about ARE real!))
Siblings: 4 - sister Elizabeth, brother Chet, brother Jeffrey, brother Bobby.
Mom: Joan, Dad: Chet, Step-Mom, Jannell (mom to Bobby & Jeffrey)
(Picture below: my mom, my sister and me.)(Picture below: me & Bobby)(Picture taken 2 months after Cale was born at Chester's graduation. in picture: Me, Tim, baby Cale, Chester, Elizabeth, Dad, Jannell, Jeffrey and Bobby.)Schooling: went to a TINY (I mean it - in 8th grade I was 1 of 5 students) Christian School, elementary through senior year.
Went to a TINY Baptist Church.
Got saved at age 7, I think.
Testimony: I have to think that I got saved for "fire insurance" ...at that age, the topic of Hell scared me...and faith and trust in God (who gives salvation as a free gift) for a child comes easily. Over the past 20 years I've grown in my relationship with Christ and have fully come to understand his sacrifice for us.
I long to serve Him and represent Him as a daughter in Christ.
(not sure what this all means? PLEASE ASK ME!!)
Went to college at Cedarville University for 2 years.
Majored in Nursing. Didn't finish.
Went to Clark State Community College, for nursing...didn't finish.
Both have stories attached, but I'm gonna try to edit this before it gets to BE a book! :)
Tim and I got married in his senior year of College, then he accepted the position of Associate Pastor of Student Ministries at the church we are currently at. But then, I went to...and finished....Cosmetology school! That's right, I'm NOT a beauty school drop-out!! Wahoo! :)
Need a haircut? Some highlights? Let me know! :)
Oh, and if you're wondering if I can cut my own hair...the answer is no. I can cut bangs for myself, and I have dyed and highlighted (partially) my own hair, but that's it......although, I bet I could perm it if I really wanted to. (I was an EXCELLENT permist!)
The picture below is one of my manikin...in beauty school all of your manikins start out with long, ugly brown hair (even the man manikin). Each day we learned a different cut/or color. This was one of my favorite days.There's more to come, in another post (if you're interested).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a riot!!! Waiting for Part 2. So sad I didn't "meet" you until Part .. 6? 7?

And, you are going to have a field day with my hair!