Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

beehive

Check out the first picture I have of Megersa smiling:Okay, maybe 'smirking' is the better word for it. This baby will NOT give up smiles to just anyone. My only guess is that he is holding them all in for his Mommy and Daddy!
Anyway, enough about the smile -
Have you checked out his beehive?!?!
It's HILARIOUS - and adorable! I would have never believed that his hair was that long if I hadn't seen that picture! I guess he has really tight curls and someone brushed them out! :)
I LOVE IT...and looks a bit familiar:OR:Seriously though, this picture was the highlight of my day!
It's the new background on my computer AND phone.
Every time I look at it I giggle.

No comments: