Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A baby?

I think I've mentioned before that I don't have the strongest recollection of how big babies were at certain months, or how small clothes really are made...
The other day I was asked when Cale started talking, and to be honest, I had to give them a ballpark. I remember that Cale had few words (and some sign language words) to let us know what he wanted. I don't really remember the progression from when he would 'point and grunt' to now (where he is never quiet!). I think that he went from only a few words, to full sentences in only a matter of time. I BELIEVE it was around age 2, but again, I can't remember these things! My friends who have babies at only months old ask me when Cale started doing 'this' or when he stopped doing 'that.' AHHH! I wish I had written it down. I guess I always thought I'd remember. I am determined to record Megersa's growth and milestones more carefully!
I only hope I can dig deep into my memories to remember how to parent a young baby without words...
And just for fun, I thought I'd pass along the sentence that Cale said last night.
Tim was laying in his bed with him, trying to get him to sleep...but Cale wanted to talk. This is word-for-word the conversation Cale had with Daddy (well...himself, really) - try if you can, to follow the train-of-thought:

"That's the ceiling...and that's the wall. No that's the floor...and that's the wall. Oh that's a light switch...it doesn't work. Turn it on?...no it doesn't work...turn it off. Pictures...little tiny baby...getting big...getting big....getting big...(while holding his hands up high he says) I'm really tall!
(after laying back down, Tim sighs, and Cale continues)..."Daddy's sleeping"...*sigh*...Cale's sleeping. I'm breathing. Daddy's mouth open? Daddy has a mouth...Cale has a mouth...Mommy has a mouth. Daddy, Mommy, Cale has a mouth...(pretending to yawn:) "ahhh!" (he touches Tim's lip divet)...Daddy has a lip...Mommy has a lip...Cale has a lip.
Daddy: shhh!
Cale puts his finger to his mouth - "shh!"

So...he completed that ENTIRE run-on sentence without a break, until Daddy interrupted him with a "shhh". I wonder how long he would have continued.

No comments: