Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

LEGALLY YOURS...

Doesn't that sounds better than "sincerely yours" or "truly yours" or...ANYTHING, REALLY!!
AHEM!.....We have an announcement to make:
WE PASSED COURT!

Megersa is legally our son.
I cannot believe it.
I am swelling with pride in this moment.
God has been SO good, and SO gracious to me.
I have been praying this past week for patience, and peace...and He has shown me more than that. I will never forget this day.
Thank you Lord for all of your blessings!

I want to share my blessing with all of you.
Introducing, Megersa Jace Nester:
WOW. The above picture of Megersa is the picture we got on the day of his referral! I instantly fell in love with my beautiful son! The above picture shows Megersa at 3 weeks-1 month (guesstimate)...it is the "youngest" picture I have of him, dated 9.30.09
And ONE more for fun!! I have so many to show you, but I want to save some for blog posts to come!The picture above was taken only a few days after our referral day. Tim and I debated over whether or not this was our son for almost a day. In the end I won (because I was right). We just couldn't believe how GREAT he looked, and how plain adorable he is!!

So, if I can climb down off this cloud, I'll try to answer the questions you may have.

When is your Embassy Appointment?

Well, I don't know yet. I spoke with one of our agency directors and asked the same question. She said that families are finding out about their assigned Embassy interviews around 2 weeks or so after they pass court. She said some families have only had to wait 5 days, but some have waited over 25!! (Let's hope we are in the earlier bunch.)
But WHEN will you travel?
We will travel the week of the Embassy appointment. It is required to be in the country from the Tuesday before the interview, until the Friday after it. Many families travel much longer, but I think Tim and his Dad will most likely make it a short trip. Susan told me that it is likely that we will be scheduled for March 24, 2010, or April 7, 2010. (Again, let's pray for the first date! I'd hate for Daddy to be gone on Cale's 3rd birthday - April 5th!, but if so, we can celebrate before he leaves!)
Did you say that Tim and his Dad are going? Aren't YOU going?
Well, that's a loaded question, but the answer is no. I am not going to be traveling to Ethiopia. It is a very difficult decision to make, but I am confident that it is the right one for our family. Cale hasn't had the pleasure of growing up near any extended family members (of Tim's or mine), so there isn't really anyone that we feel really comfortable with (asking, first off) and then leaving him with.
Even though I will really be jealous that Tim gets to experience this without me, I know that when he comes home very jet-lagged or sick, then I can swoop in, adrenaline pumping, and well-rested to take over. Plus, Tim is such a WONDERFUL Daddy. He is amazing with Cale. I am fully confident if anything happened to me, Cale would be WELL cared for (though Tim would need to learn to cook...something.)!! I know he will do a wonderful job in my absence, and on the trip to ET, Tim will be playing the roll of "Mommy" (nurturing, feeding, soothing, etc), and Megersa's 'Pop-Pop' will be playing the roll of "Daddy" (taking care of the logistics, etc).
Tim's Dad is a world-traveler. He sends out the overseas missions trips at Cedarville University, and has gone over seas MANY times himself (as well as living over seas in Hungary as a missionary) to many different countries. He hasn't been to Ethiopia yet, so he's very excited about it!
Lastly...will you keep us posted on your upcoming dates?
Of course!!! ((haha...I'm such a dork.))

4 comments:

natali said...

Wow. Okay, let me just say that is one beautiful little boy you have there! And handsome Cale's a big brother now!! Yay! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!

Me. Us. She. said...

What a good day! Congratulations!

Amber said...

He is gorgeous!!!! Congrats mama!!!! He is so close to being in your arms!!!

Charity Hildebrand said...

YAY! Congratulations . . . SOOO excited for you! What a handsome little guy!