Katie, Tim & Cale Nester...

...would love it if you would follow along as we record our adoption journey. We feel blessed to be called to adopt a son from Ethiopia!
About our journey:
- We requested "either" gender, 0-18 months.
- We received our referral of Megersa on Nov 5, 2009; he was 2 months old.
- Megersa's name is pronounced "Meh-gur-sah."
- Our case was submitted on Dec 18, 2009 and our court date was Jan 27, 2010. We were fortunate to pass court on the first try!
- Tim's mom and I left for Ethiopia on March 8, 2010 for an Embassy appointment of March 10, 2010. We passed!
- Megersa met the rest of his family in the US 3.13.10.
- When we re-adopt him, his full legal name will be Megersa Jace Nester.

Friday, January 29, 2010

sharing my baby!

I can't believe I can share my baby with you!
I've always felt that he was my son, but now that it's legal, and I can post pictures, I just feel so free! :)

As promised, I am continuing to post pictures of baby Megersa.
Here is the first full-body picture we got of Megersa. It really gave me a great idea of his size!Speaking of size, we got another medical update on Megersa.
As of Tuesday, the 26th, Megersa weighs 13 lbs, 7 oz and is 25.5 inches tall!
He's still pretty tiny by American standards, but he seems pretty average for Ethiopian babies with AAI, so that's good! I'm actually quite happy to be bringing home a peanut!
You know what is strange? I was just looking at Tim's old medical records his mom sent to us (for shot purposes), and I found out that Tim weighed only slightly more than Megersa did at the same age! Neat, huh?
Here are some other fun facts about Megersa (according to the doctor):
1. Megersa can sit balanced with support.
As evidenced by this adorable picture of him in his traditional Ethiopian attire:2. He can turn 180 degree from back to front when he lies on his back.
And it looks like someone may have captured this accomplishment mid-way! I think that it's so great he's able to roll from back to front...it means he's getting stronger! Plus, rolling from back to front is a lot harder than rolling from front to back. Good job Baby!!
3. He smiles when you play with him.
4. He can reach for and hold objects.
5. He is playful and happy baby.


Pictures for points 3-5 will have to come when I can get a good one to represent each. I have 2 people who promised they would try very hard to get smiling pictures of Megersa, so I'm holding out hope they are able to accomplish it!
But until then, I'll go ahead and post some more of my favorite pics:
I love a good sleeping baby picture. They're especially great to look at when he wakes up that umpteenth time at night! :)This is a great close-up of his sweet little face. I'm not really sure about the pink cheeks. I have quite a few pictures that show his bright pink cheeks. Several people are telling me his cheeks are probably just dry. Hm...I don't know, but I'll try some good thick lotion when he comes home in 2 months!!Lastly, I wanted to post a picture of Megersa with the "name board" - sometimes traveling families will do this for either themselves, or waiting families. I've seen it several times with many other children, but this was Megersa's first time to be "white-board identified" - a right of passage, you might say! :) haha. Why is his name spelled differently? Must be just a typo on someone's part...his name ends with an A.

2 comments:

natali said...

Megersa is SO adorable!

p.s. How do you pronounce his beautiful name?

Becky said...

Megersa is so adorable! What a sweetheart. I am thrilled for you and can't wait to hear your travel dates!